Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kate Winslet's wrinkle joy


The 33-year-old actress insists she would never have Botox, which smoothes out facial lines, injected into her forehead because she enjoys seeing her face change as she gets older.

She said: "I just love seeing those things. I am enjoying my face changing, as well as realising that at the same time, as you get older, the machine isn't as well-oiled as it was."

Kate - who reunites with 'Titanic' co-star Leonardo DiCaprio in new movie 'Revolutionary Road' - also revealed she was excited to see how much she and Leonardo have aged since appearing in the 1997 disaster movie.

She said: I was very, very thrown by the fact that I had to make some big changes in my life in order to be myself, but under this kind of movie-star banner

She added to Parade magazine: "I'm like, 'Yes, damn it! Look at those foreheads move!' I mean, he has this amazing furrow between his eyebrows, which wasn't as prominent then and this one on my forehead is much more prominent in me now."

Kate says her husband Sam Mendes, who directs 'Revolutionary Road', has helped put her life in perspective.

She said: "I was very, very thrown by the fact that I had to make some big changes in my life in order to be myself, but under this kind of movie-star banner. It was a difficult balance to find. Now I feel I've got that. I've actually had it for a while, I think. That's mainly to do with my incredible husband.

"We were having lunch, and I was having a glass of wine and eating bread and putting butter on the bread, and I turned to Sam and said, 'I am just so happy!' "

No comments: