Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Richard Madeley: My daughter doesn't have a drug problem


TV presenter and wife Judy defend Chloe Madeley

Richard Madeley has responded to claims his daughter has a drug problem.


Pictures recently emerged of the 21-year-old Chloe holding a bong.

'It was before she started working in TV,' says Richard. ‘Somebody was passing a bong around and she inhaled some of it. Big f***ing deal.

'It was just one of those things kids do - they go to parties and they do a bit of weed.

'I defy anyone to have a child of that age who doesn’t occasionally have a bit of weed.

‘They shouldn’t, it’s not good for you, but I know for a fact that none of my children – my stepsons, my son or daughter – have got anything approaching a drug problem.’

His wife Judy Finnigan , 60, insists Chloe is a sensible young woman.

‘She does not do drugs,’ she says. ‘Obviously we’ve had huge talks about it, but I’m never worried at all about her, or indeed about any of them.

'They’ve all got their heads screwed on and they’re level-headed kids.’

No comments: