Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nas' childhood drug use


Nas used to get high with his father when he was just nine years old.

The rapper - real name Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones - used to bond with his jazz musician father Olu Dara when they smoked marijuana together.

He told America's Rolling Stone magazine: "I grew up with my pops the jazzman. He'd be in the house smokin' weed. He gave me weed when I was, like, nine years old. That was cool.

"We'd listen to music, talk, watch TV. I'd bug him for a hit, and on a few occasions he let me hit it."

Nas says his father's unconventional career made him different from the other children in Queens, New York, where he grew up.

He added: "He was a man who controlled his life. Other kids didn't have fathers like that. Either their father wasn't around or they were in jail ? they weren't musicians who travelled the world and came back with stories."

Your Comments:

No comments: