Monday, July 7, 2008

Sheryl Crow's cancer discovery


Sheryl Crow says having breast cancer helped her discover her true self.

The 'All I Wanna Do' singer - who was diagnosed with the potentially fatal disease in 2006 - was shocked when she got the news as she had always been so healthy but says it completely changed her outlook on life.

Sheryl - who adopted a baby son Wyatt after getting the all-clear at the end of 2006 - told Australia's Courier Mail newspaper: "I've really learned it's the experiences that take you far off your course that really help you to learn who you are.

"I'm not sure whether cancer made me a better person, but it definitely made me more of an awake person. When I was diagnosed, everything came to a screeching halt and I needed to take a good look at my life. It forced me to experience everything that was going on, from grief and anger to sadness and fear.

"We all get to the point where we really adhere to the art of distraction."

Meanwhile, Sheryl is set to record a song for the US Olympic team.

She will join Nelly and other artists on the soundtrack, which will be featured during NBC and Telemundo broadcasts of the Beijing Olympic Games next month.

Proceeds from the accompanying album, which will be available to download, will benefit the US Olympic team.

No comments: