Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Katy Perry: I chew birth control tablets like they're Vitamin C


Katy Perry loves the idea of settling down and having a child - but she's definitely not ready yet.

The I Kissed A Girl singer uses oral contraceptives to make sure she doesn’t fall pregnant.

‘I love being in love, I love the idea of marriage and making babies - but not yet,’ she says. ‘Not until I'm 30.

‘I basically chew my birth control tablets - I chew them like vitamin C, I'm like, “nomnomnomnom”.'

Katy, 24, who split from Gym Class Heroes star Travis McCoy, 27, in January, is too focussed on her career to have a family now.

‘It's one of those things where I have no energy left to give to anybody,' she tells Paper magazine.

'It doesn't matter if I love them or not. I give it all away on tour and when I'm meeting people.

‘This is a really important time in my life. During the next two or three years, if I do things right, I will have a real career, and if I don't, well, I'll just be that girl who kissed a girl.’

No comments: