Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Zac Efron: ‘Didn’t Really Care About Being The Coolest Kid In High School’


Zac Efron might have played the big man on campus in three “High School Musicalmovies and the upcoming “17 Again,” but real life for the now 21-year-old star was very different.

“I was just focused in high school… that probably made me a nerd, but I got good grades,” Zac told Access Hollywood’s Dish Of Salt Laura Saltman at the “17 Again” movie junket over the weekend. “I didn’t really care about being the coolest kid in high school, that wasn’t my priority.”

And according to his “17 Again” co-star Matthew Perry, Zac brought that same focus to the role they share.

“We read through the whole script and I would let him know, ‘That’s probably the way that I would say it,’ and he would do the same thing,” Matthew told Access.

Zac might be one of the biggest young stars in Hollywood, but Matthew revealed the teen heartthrob wasn’t anywhere on his radar when he first learned they would share the role.

“To be quite honest I said, ‘Who is Zac Efron?’” Matthew revealed to Laura.

Though the former “Friends” star had never seen any of the “HSM” movies, he told Access he’s now a major Wildcat fan.

“Now, I’ve seen them all,” Matthew revealed.

“And I would say, I think the second one was my favorite,” he quipped.

No comments: