Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Anne Hathaway's punch pleasure


Anne Hathaway was excited about punching Oscar-nominated actress Debra Winger.

Although she had to remain professional when pretending to hit her 'Rachel Getting Married' co-star, Anne admits it was a "pretty cool" scene to shoot.

She told BANG Showbiz: "Leading up to it, I thought, 'Oh my God, I get to have a scene with Debra Winger and we're punching each other. But when we did it was very much about the acting.'

"It does look very real. We rehearsed it quite a bit. I'd love to have some dramatic story of how Debra and I grabbed each other by the shoulders and made bull faces and breathed through our noses in order to rev ourselves up - but it's just acting.

"But afterwards I was like, 'I just punched Debra Winger!' "

'Rachel Getting Married' had its UK premiere at the London Film Festival in Leicester Square on Monday night (20.10.08).

In the movie, Anne plays recovering drug addict Kym who has returned from rehab for her sister's wedding, while Debra stars as her mother.

No comments: