Monday, October 13, 2008

Can you believe this model was branded “too fat”?!

heatworld image

Ooh, this makes our blood boil. Model Katie Green has just signed up to model Ultimo bras – because, when she won a competition to be the new Wonderbra girl, she was told to lose two stone. Katie, who’s 5ft 10in and weighs a very healthy 10st 5lb, was ordered to slim from a size 12 to a 10. “I really didn’t know where my career was going to go after the depression of being told I was too fat,” says the former New Look shop assistant. “It knocked my confidence for six and really embarrassed me. Had I lost the two stone, I would have looked like a bag of bones. I won’t sacrifice my health.” Katie’s now following on in the boob-steps of Mel B and Melinda Messenger to model for Ultimo instead – specifically, their D-G cup range, which is available from Debenhams stores nationwide and www.ultimo.co.uk “I was appalled to hear that Katie had been told that she was too fat to model lingerie,” says Ultimo boss Michelle Mone. “She has an incredible shape and represents real women throughout the UK. By signing Katie, it proves that models don't have to be a size zero to look fabulous or to have a successful modeling career.” We think Katie looks fab – do you think Wonderbra had a point or are you outraged?

No comments: