Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Christina: "I'll have the best boobs in the nursing home!"

heatworld image

We've loved Christina Applegate ever since she played the sassy Sue Ellen in Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead back in '92, but after the way she's dealt with all this scary cancer nastiness we think we love her even more. Talking about her very brave decision to have a double mastectomy, the actress said, "It was a tough choice, but I just wanted to kind of get rid of this whole thing." The 36-year-old, who is now planning on having reconstructive surgery, then went on to joke, "I'm going to have cute boobs till I'm 90, so there's that. I'll have the best boobs in the nursing home. I'll be the envy of all the ladies around the bridge table!" Despite her upbeat interview, Christina admitted that she had gone through some low points whilst dealing with the disease. "Sometimes, you know, I cry and I get really angry – but I think that it's all part of the healing." The star also talked frankly about why she made the decision to go ahead with the surgery, saying that watching her mum go through the same battle had given her confidence. "She's been sort of this quiet warrior in the back and has been a great support. I knew I was going to be OK because I've watched her." Urging women to keep a close eye on their own breasts, Christina admitted, "If this had been caught a year from now, or when I was 40, I probably wouldn't be able to live through it." Wow, she's a truly brave, inspirational lady, isn't she? We're so glad that she's made a full recovery.

No comments: