Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Penelope Cruz’s Crazy Director!


Penelope Cruz drove director Woody Allen “crazy” on the set of ‘Vicky Cristina Barcelona’ by demanding to do another take of her scenes.

The actress - who stars alongside Scarlett Johansson and real-life partner Javier Bardem in the new movie - admits she is such a perfectionist that she always wants to shoot scenes several times to ensure she gives her best performance.

She said: “Every single time I asked to do it again! I drove Woody crazy with that. The last day I think he ran out of patience because he was so sweet and so kind.

“He always said yes to one more take, but on the last take of the last day I really could not stop because it was a difficult scene. So, I said, ‘Please one more!’ So we did one more and then we said, ‘OK, cut!’ Then I was looking for Woody and he was hiding from me!”

Penelope also revealed Woody allowed her and Javier, who are both Spanish-speaking actors, to improvise in their native tongue during filming.

She added: “He was trusting us, you know? He was trusting all the actors to improvise sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish. He told us to do whatever we felt was natural, so I did a lot of swearing - sometimes too much - and I was a little bit worried about what he was going to think when he discovers some of the things that were said when it was translated!

“But I think he was happy in the end!”

No comments: